Get an estimate, check availability & book online! Alternately, call 1-888-410-6243 and an expert Support Agent will be happy to assist you.
- Quick & Easy Online Booking
- Simple Hourly Pricing
- Manage Bookings Online
- No Obligation Estimate
- Check Availability In Real Time
- Secure Credit Card or Debit Payment
- Omni-Channel Customer Support
House Cleaning Career
Professional House Cleaning can be a very rewarding and well paying career. Make no mistake though, it is hard work and there is a lot more to it than the physical act of cleaning a house. To be successful at it you need a high level of dependability, accountability and conscientiousness.
There is a big difference between cleaning houses professionally as a full-time career and cleaning your own home or house cleaning as a side gig for a few friends and family members. It’s important that you understand this from the beginning. We share this with you not to discourage you but, rather, to ensure that you have no false illusions that success will come to you without you doing your part.
Like most everything, you will get out what you put in. If you are willing to be relentlessly dependable, put in an honest effort, take your work seriously, take feedback on your work in a positive way, hone your skills, treat house cleaning as a skilled trade and be patient as you grow your Nano-Business then the rewards can be plentiful.
There are few careers in which you can earn so much so fast without having to invest tens of thousands of dollars and several years into post secondary training. Even then, with many other skilled trades it can take years after being accredited before reaching the top of the pay scale, if one reaches it at all.
With Professional House Cleaning, if you follow our system, you can begin earning well from the start and reach the top of the industry pay scale in months rather than years.
As you know, as important as earning a good living is, there are other things that matter too and professional house cleaning is renown for bringing a sense of personal satisfaction to Professional House Cleaners. We made a post in a large Professional House Cleaning Facebook group asking members what they loved about their house cleaning career. The post blew up quickly with a multitude of answers. Below are just a few:
- I LOVE the income.
- I love knowing I am able to help someone.
- It helps my anxiety disorder and calms me.
- It’s like therapy and I love making people’s homes cozy and clean and of course making them happy and less stressed.
- I love that I get to make my own schedule. Also never being “stuck” in one place for too long.
- I love providing a service that allows my clients to spend more time with their families. Their support helps me do the same thing.
- I love the pay and the flexibility of schedule (being able to get off earlier then a lot of other people & still making great pay).
- We really make a difference in people’s mental and physical health!
- I love being in charge of my own schedule and giving me more family time, I love that I am always learning something new.
- College wasn’t an option for me. I make more now than everyone I know who does have a college education and I am extremely humbled by the monetary opportunity as well as being able to provide an exceptional life for my kids.
- I knew I couldn’t bear going back to my job I’d had for the last 11 years, now that I have a child. Making my own schedule and being able to spend time with my family is worth it. I work less than half as much, make enough money to pay my bills, I have freedom. I feel like I’m finally truly happy and I don’t know how i put up with making barely over minimum wage for so long.
- I love my senior clients! They literally make my weeks. They bring so much to my life and give me that boost in my life.
- I love being able to make a difference in not only peoples physical health but also mental health.
- I love that I can make my own schedule to be home when I need to be for my kids.
- I love that it’s a physical job- I need that for my mental (well, and physical) health, a desk job would kill me. I love that it’s a project that I go in and do, and can see the results of.
- I have also loved meeting the variety and various clients over the years.
In Business For Yourself But Not By Yourself
Our goal is to motivate Canadians to write their own success stories by providing them with the opportunity to love what they do, earn a good living and achieve financial self-reliance through Nano-Business Ownership!
We offer a turn-key Nano-Business model that, if followed, will help you get from start up to a full roster of regular recurring cleans as quickly as possible. At the same time, our system takes away the things about the house cleaning industry that Providers tend to either be bad at or have a distaste for, such as sales, advertising, billing, administration and scheduling, just to name a few.
With our system you get the opportunity to access complimentary house cleaning training through our world-class Motivated Brands Academy plus receive ongoing support.
You see, at Motivated House Cleaning our Customer is not just the Consumer of our services but our Customer is the Provider of our services too. We really mean that and it shows in everything we do. Your success is our success!
You can learn more about our payouts by clicking the link below:
Your Success Is Our Success
We are honored that you are considering joining our network of Professional House Cleaners, understand that you want to ensure that you make a good choice in doing so and thus, invariably, have questions. Transparency is important to us and we take pride in giving direct answers to your questions so you can make and educated choice to join our network of Professional House Cleaners or not. So if you have any questions please feel free to reach out by phone, e-mail or through the chat widget on this site.
Motivated House Cleaners is a division of Motivated Brands Inc., which is a privately held National Canadian company that is headquartered in Paradise on the very east coast of Canada next to the historical city of St. John’s, which is located on the island of Newfoundland. We are currently registered to operate in all of Canada, except Quebec and the Territories, which we aim to add in the future.
Because we are remote, you never have to come to an office as we handle everything remotely through our omni-channel call center and Professional House Cleaner app. Through our app you set the service areas, days of the week and times you want to be available and we handle the rest.
Highest Payouts In Canada + Tips
You’ll earn the highest payouts, on average, in the entire industry. There is no complicated payout system. We keep it easy and simple. We simply bill our Customers an hourly rate (in 15 minute increments) for every hour you clean their homes and then pay you 70% of the amount we bill our Customers. Customer often tip you online when they book, online after the booking or leave a cash tip for you. Of course, tips are 100% yours and most professional house cleaners in our network earn hundreds of dollars in tips every week.
Outside of the commission we pay you as a percentage of what we bill our Customers many of our Customers will choose to have you supply the cleaning products to which the pay an add-on fee for. Those cleaning product add-on fees really add up really boost your income over the year!
We payout weekly on Fridays through our app and you’ll be able to log in to your own Provider Dashboard and see all the details on each house cleaning you completed and easily keep track of your earnings. Please note that although we payout weekly, there is a two week hold-back built in.
We Put You In Control
Through our app you set the days and times you wish to be available to accept bookings and the service areas you wish to accept them in. Your the one in control!
Start Up Costs
As a Professional House Cleaner in our network, you’ll work as an Independent Contractor, also known as an IC. An IC is not an employee but is a person who performs services for a business under a contract for services. You can learn more about that by clicking the link below:
The great thing about being an IC is that you’ll get to deduct any legitimate business expenses you incur while earning your cleaning income. That means you can claim things like kilometres used on your vehicle, gas expenses, your phone and lots of other things. This reduces your taxable income. Paying less taxes means more money that you earn stays in your pocket, where it belongs!
Like any skilled tradesperson, you’ll require the right tools of the trade to do your job properly. House Cleaning equipment is relatively inexpensive, especially when you consider how much you can earn. Plus it is tax deductible.
- We’ll provide you with a list of the equipment you’ll need.
Your cleaning equipment or cleaning kit, as we call it, consists of some basic cleaning equipment such as a cleaning apron, a vacuum, a mop set, some micro-fibre cleaning cloths, an extendable duster, a few other items and a special plastic rolling tool-box that you’ll use to keep it all organized and bring it in and out of our Customer’s homes.
- Your house cleaning equipment can be purchased at Walmart, Amazon or Canadian Tire.
Your house cleaning equipment is a small and marginal cost when you factor in the amount of money you can make from that equipment as a Professional House Cleaner in our network.
- Your house cleaning equipment will cost you from $300 to $500 dollars and is tax deductible
We require you to carry a special kind of insurance called Commercial General Liability Insurance. It protects you, the Customer and us in case of accidental damage to a Customer’s house or if something of value is accidentally broken, etc.
- We’ll provide you with information about commercial general liability insurance & a recommendation of a good and inexpensive online provider.
Typically, this insurance can be paid on a month to month basis to the insurance company, can be gotten online in just minutes and is inexpensive at approximately $50/month. As well, it can be cancelled at any time without penalty. Please note that most insurers want two months up front so your initial cost will likely be about $100.
- $2,000,000 of insurance protection for just $50/month is just plain smart
With our high payouts the insurance cost is a small price. You can make back the cost for the entire month in just a few hours cleaning. As well, your monthly insurance premium is tax deductible.
When booking, Customers can opt to have you supply the cleaning products, such as multi-purpose, floor and glass cleaner, for an add-on fee. This is a great benefit to our Customers and a fantastic way to earn extra income for you!
- Product add-on income really adds up over the year and is easy money!
Even if the Customer don’t choose the product add-on option you’re still required to have the right cleaning products on hand, just in case the Customer is missing something, in which case you’ll use your cleaning product and will charge them the full product add-on fee.
- Your cleaning products can be purchased at Walmart, Amazon or Canadian Tire and are tax deductible.
- We’ll supply you with a list of what you’ll need.
It will cost approximately $100 to $150 to get started with your cleaning products and you’ll get a great return on that investment! For example, multi-purpose cleaner only costs a couple of dollars and makes dozens of spray bottles full of multi-purpose cleaner. Your cleaning products don’t cost you money, per se, they make you money!
Criminal Record Check
As you will be going into Customer’s homes we require you to pass a Criminal Record Check, also known as a CRC. If you already have one you will get a chance to upload it when you onboard with us but it must be less than 12 months old. As well, you must renew your CRC yearly.
- Your CRC must be less than 12 months old
The CRC you supply must state on it that it searched the national RCMP database called the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC).
- Your CRC must be a CPIC one or it can not be accepted
If you don’t have a recent CRC then you can get one through an RCMP detachment but it can take a long time to arrive and potentially increase the time it takes you to get started. Therefor, we recommended that you get one through an online provider. Most take just fifteen minutes!
- You can get an RCMP/CPIC CRC in about 15 minutes online
We’ll provide a link for our recommended online CRC provider who is considerably less expensive than most you’ll find online at approximately $25.
Getting started truly is a fast and easy process. Just click the apply button, fill in the information, attach a resume and you’ll hear back from us within one business day.
- You’ll hear from us within 1 business day
If you meet our requirements then we’ll make you an offer. If you accept our offer we’ll give you complimentary access to our online house cleaning training program for a full week.
You’ll get your equipment, products, insurance and CRC, do a few practice cleans in your own home or for friends and family and when you are ready we’ll add you to our booking app and you’ll be ready to begin earning. Some people are up and running in as little as a week but typically most people take approximately two weeks with some taking three.
Remember, your success is our success so if you have any questions please reach out. You will be in business for yourself but not by yourself!